Thursday, July 12, 2012

Let's Hear it for the Angels!

Bring on the angels! So often in life we focus on the people who drive us nuts




and not enough about the folks who have been a positive influence in our lives.


I would like to hear from you about someone who has been an angel – alive or deceased – in your life. To help kick things off I’d like to share one of many angels in my life.

The angel in my life is my friend, Jackie. I was failing miserably as a freelance comedy writer. Due to her support and encouragement, I took my career on a side road and together we published a self-help book, Erase Negativity and Embrace the Magic Within.

We came up with the idea for the book together.

We were discussing some of our favorite self-help books and how they had helped us. Then the conversation shifted to people we knew who were in terrible emotional pain and very negative because of it.

We wondered, “What would it take to help someone like that?” We brainstormed and decided that there needed to be some sort of primer, or “read this first” book that could help them erase their negativity. Then once they were no longer entrenched in negativity, they could go on and enjoy the optimistic messages in other books. Our thought was that if a person doesn’t erase their negativity first, any optimistic front would just fall apart.

I’m stubborn. I still haven’t given up on comedy. However, I have found that making people laugh (or trying to anyway) isn’t the only way to shed a little levity in the world.

Jackie helped guide me on a new path and she has been an angel pointing me on a more enlightened path in writing.



If you would like to share a couple lines about an angel in your life, please write to me at markspr@cox.net and I’ll include it in a future blog. So be an angel and start writing.

No comments: