Monday, September 16, 2013

Guest Blog - How Do You Know All is Well?

In the next few months I will be featuring some guest blogs on some different topics. Please welcome Phyllis Turner.


Is everything all right in your world? Are you sure? How do you know? I'm guessing there are things that happen in your day that let you know that everything is all right with your world and that's how you know. I know, for me, when certain things happen or don't happen in the mornings, I can feel a little "off."

For instance... now that we've moved into a new house in Florida, I'm finally getting into a routine again. I adopted a pair of kittens a while back so now, when I wake up, I have two kittens curled up on me somewhere or maybe one on the pillow above my head and one beside me. If this doesn't happen, If I wake up and neither of them or just one of them isn't on the bed with me, I have to wonder what's up. What trouble are they getting themselves into?

If my husband is traveling, I check my cell phone to see if he's sent me his usual "Good morning Sunshine!" text. If he hasn't, I'll text him & then he calls me to chat if he can. If this doesn't happen, I have to wonder what's up. What trouble did he get himself into since we talked last night?

Next, I check my schedule for the day and settle in with a couple of cups of coffee or a bottle of water and check in with my family and close friends on Facebook & maybe some local news. Once the coffee is in, I hit my schedule and hope to accomplish (start to finish) one or two things. If this doesn't happen, my family and friends would wonder what's up. What trouble has she gotten herself into?

During my day, I can see and hear trucks, running generators, hammers and drills banging, humming and drumming outside as houses in the neighborhood are being built up left and right. If this didn't happen and it were quiet, I would have to wonder what's up.

If I need to go out and run errands, I always take a quick drive by the beach, just to be sure it's still there. If I'm lucky, I have time to get in a nice walk in the sand. If this doesn't happen, I wonder what's up. What trouble have I gotten myself into that I'm so busy I don't have time for a 45 min. walk on the beach? Luckily, this rarely happens.

So, for today, life is good and all is well in my world. I'm sure of it.

How do you know when all is right in your world?

Phyllis I Turner is a full-time freelance writer, wife, mother, traveler, beach bum, lover of food, sunsets & all things outdoors. She resides with her husband in Vero Beach, Florida. More of her whimsical musings can be found at http://www.jonandphyllis.com

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7888039

No comments: